Monday, March 26, 2012

floating frames for stretched canvases



I recently did several frames for one of my customers and I wanted to show off a particular style frame that I used for this project that is both functional and beautiful. This style is called the floating frame. Listed below are several of the benefits and uses. . .
  1. The floating frame is designed to frame stretched canvases exclusively.
  2. The frame does not cover up any of the edges of the canvas , so the entire piece can be seen.
  3. It gives your canvas a finished look without taking away from the beauty and texture of the natural canvas/painting.
  4. Although the front of the canvas is open, the sides and edges are protected by the edges of the frame and will help keep your artwork from getting dinged up.
Check out some of the after pictures below . . .






Do you have a canvas that feels unfinished and/or needs to be protected? Shoot me an email at the following address, David@DAcustomframes.com. Please include the length, width, and depth of your canvas and I will get back to you quickly with a custom floating frame quote.

Something else to keep in mind, if you would like to order this style frame, but the driftwood gray finish is not for you, I can create your frame with any of the finishes in my shop http://www.DAcustomframes.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This frame makes the canvas look finished.